The 5-vegtable-a-day guarantee
Juicing ensures you get a lot of vegetables in your diet. And it’s almost instant. I can easily have 5 vegetables with my lunch. And the veggies guarantee good health.
Tips for taste:
– If you are not used to fresh vegtable juice, start with half a glass or less.
-Carrots and tomatoes are good bases for juice. They are sweet, and not too strong. Go easy on the strong tasting veggies, like radishes, onions, hot peppers, or garlic, and herbs, especially at first.
– If you are really squeamish, or a kid, you can start with 1/2 orange juice, 1/2 carrot, or 1/2 apple, 1/2 carrot.
– Cucumbers are easy to take, so throw one of those in too.
– Drink it right away because it gets weird after 10 minutes.
– You can add a twist of lemon, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, or salt to your juice for added flavour.
I use the Breville juicer which I love. It is powerful (1000 W). I bought if 5 years ago, and use it almost everyday. It’s a real workhorse. Most parts are stainless steel, it has a wide mouth so you can put most veggies in without cutting them up, and I put all the parts (except one) in the dishwasher. I can make juice and clean up in five minutes. This one is expensive, but it’s the best.
I drink a combination of veggies, depending on what I have in my garden or fridge. Just wash your veggies and throw into your juicer. Use organic vegetables. Some veggies are sweet, some are bitter, or very strong. Every vegtable has a unique combo of vitamins, minerals, and medicinal properties.
Some veggies are sweet and some bitter. All are good for you. Find a combo that you like
green and red pepper
Herbs: (don’t use more then 1/4 cup per person)
Greens (use in moderation):
-if you have kidney problems you might need to avoid things with oxalic acid such as beet tops, spinach and celery
– pumpkin (makes me queasy)
– pomegranate skin (tried it, felt like poison)