- Beets – full of anti oxidants, anti inflamatories and plant pyto chemiclas such as betanin and vulgaxanthin, lutein and zeaxanthin, that prevent and fight cancers and heart disease, and aid in eye health
- Cabbage – lowers cholesterol, and contains polyphenols and vitamin k
- Caraway – anti oxidants
- Bone broths – provide easy to absorb minerals, and repairs the digestive track
- Onions – contains quercetin, lots of minerals, increases bone density, anti bacterial
- 3 large beets – peeled and grated, (you can use a mandolin, hand grater or food processor, or cut it up into 1/4 inch match sticks by hand)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsps butter
- 1 cup of thinly sliced cabbage.
- 5 cups of stock (beef, chicken, or duck)
- 3 Tbsps vinegar
- 2 tsps caraway seeds
- 1 tsp or more of salt
- sour cream or yogurt
Melt butter in large pot. Add onins and fry on medium, until wilted and soft. Add the rest of the ingredients, except sour cream. Cover, and simmer until the beets are tender 20 – 50 minutes. Taste for seasonings. Serve with a big spoonful of sour cream or yogurt.
Makes 6 bowls